Wednesday, June 23, 2010

In Which I Bring a Real-Life Discussion With Me to My Blog.

Dear Void,

Today I went to Zupas (I love Zupas. If you are hungry, you should go experience the glory.) with some of my dear friends. While we were there we started discussing the potential of love in high school--to clarify, we were discussing whether it is possible to fall in love in high school. I vote yes.

Before decide to flog me, I don't think high school is the place where most people fall so deeply in love that they are actually ready to get married (even if they think they are.) I don't think almost any high school student has the capacity to love that much.

However. I think people can love in high school. My aunt and uncle who were high school (actually, middle school) sweethearts and now have four children? I think they were probably in love in high school--you'd have to ask them to what degree. A couple of my dear high school friends? I believe them when they say they're in love because I've watched how they take care of the other person.

I don't think infatuation is love. I also DO NOT think "I love you" should be thrown around as lightly as it is.

I'm just saying I think it's possible. What do you think?

P.S. today two of the preschoolers I teach kissed. Probably the greatest thing I've ever seen. Thought I'd share.

No comments:

Post a Comment