Thursday, March 10, 2011

In Which I am Giddy


Dear Void,


If you've ever lived somewhere with Namornese winters, you'll understand. (If you caught that incredibly obscure reference, I'll be amazed.)


I live in Utah. Northern Utah. Somwhere around mid-September, a frosty wind will blow in. We put on our jackets and head out anyway. Once October hits, we get frosted (and brown) grass and the trash cans freeze shut. By November, the snow starts.


Snow.


Thanksgiving.


Snow.


Christmas.


Snow.


New Year's.


Snow.


Valentine's Day.


Snow.


St. Patrick's Day.


Snow.


Easter.


Snow.


May Day.


Sunshine?


Snow.


Then, out of nowhere, a blazing hot summer will hit. But after months of shivering in our snow coats and wearing fleece footie pajamas under our clothes (that might have been hyperbole ;) ), we don't mind.


However. Today was one of those days where it doesn't matter what happens, we'll all be happy as clams--well, happy as happy clams. I don't know how happy your average clam is. And who thought that was a good cliche anyway? Why not happy as daisies? Dasies seem happy. Or happy as monkeys? Monkeys seem happy most of the time too...


But I digress.


I walked out of school. I got in my car. And--are you even ready for this?


I TOOK OFF MY JACKET.


And then.


I TURNED ON MY A/C.


And then.


I TURNED OFF MY A/C AND ROLLED DOWN MY WINDOW.


It was miraculous. I love sunshine.


Over&Out


1 comment:

  1. IT WAS AMAZING!!

    First time since winter hit that I've climbed into a HOT car, and not a COLD one.

    Oh, if only this were lasting...

    ReplyDelete