Monday, January 17, 2011

In Which I am a Creeper

Dear Void,

Today I went to Red Mango with my dear friend Anna and my new acquaintance Bretton. I had a most delicious smoothie, not to mention fantisizing about eating a large bowl of berries; strawberries, blackberries, huckleberries (which admittedly don't mix well,) blueberries, raspberries...

Yum.

But I digress. So. Sitting in Red Mango slurping my smoothie through a straw (I love alitterations) when in walks what I assume was two sisters and a baby in one of those baby-carrier... things. Anyway. They set the baby on the floor (well no, they set the baby carrier on the floor, the baby was inside it not actually on the tiles) and went up to the counter to order. The baby started crying.

Sad baby sounds make me sad.

I walked over to the baby (abandoning my friends) and started making faces at him in order to cheer him up. It didn't help. Somehow (and please don't ask me to explain how, it's one of the great mysteries of the universe) I could tell that what he actually wanted was to be picked up. I called across the room to his mom and aunt, saying,

"Hey, I promise I'm not a kidnapper, can I take him out and see if I can get him to stop crying? I understand if that's not okay." His aunt chuckled and said sure, that was fine.

After struggling with the claspy thing for a minute, I freed baby from his carrier. The minute I picked him up, he stopped crying. He and I took a stroll around the room as I bounced him. He stared at Bretton for like a whole minute. When his mommy (that would be Baby's mommy, not Bretton's) was finished at the counter, I handed baby over to her (with some reluctance.)

The moral of the story? I have GOT to get a baby in my family. I am baby hungry. But it was fun! And that's my story. :)

Over&Out.

1 comment:

  1. Like.

    I loved that you did that. Breton just looked at me and was like "what??" with his eyes. And I just shrugged and said "Brynne." then he said "wow. that was... honest." after you asked to pick him up and i shrugged again and said "it's brynne. blunt." and it was great.

    ReplyDelete