Friday, January 14, 2011

In Which I Need a Title.

Dear Void,

I've been thinking a lot about perspective lately. This all snowballed from a massive fight I had with my Blue-eyed-boy-best-friend (as opposed to my Brown-eyed-boy-best-friend, who is an ENTIRELY different person.) We were fighting for two months straight because (in summary) I wanted--needed, really--his attention, and he was giving all of his attention to serving the Lord--technically the worthier cause. Except that I was suffering, and isn't serving the Lord ALL ABOUT helping the suffering? End of Aside. But the other day we were arguing about who was right and all of a sudden I realized something:

WE WERE BOTH RIGHT
and
WE WERE BOTH WRONG.

Craziness. Here's how I figure it:

Blue-eyes: he was shutting me out (the wrong thing) for the right reason (serving the Lord.) He thought that if he pushed me away I would accept the oncoming gap between us, making the seperation easier for us both. Plus he wanted to focus on the Savior. But the truth is that I was more miserable than I have ever been in my life and possibly my most understanding friend wasn't there for me. Wrong choice, right reason.

Me: I was driving him crazy (I only texted him eight... nine... ten times per day...) because I needed attention. I have severe chemical depression (YAY medicine!) and I needed him to be there for me. But I wasn't respecting his choice or his need to focus on Jesus. So... right choice (having my friend in my life,) wrong reason (selfishness.)

And now he's at my house, actually.

Over&Out

No comments:

Post a Comment