Saturday, January 15, 2011

In Which I am a Genius

Dear Void,

This is too funny not to post on the internet.

So I was lying in bed, watching Gilmore Girls (as I so often do, such a good life choice) the other night. I finished the last disk of the first season for probably the fourth time (and yet I was still wondering--is she going to say yes?? Watch it. You'll understand.) and, seeing as it wasn't all THAT late, opened my CD/DVD drive (herafter referred to as my DVD drive) to take out the old disk and start the second season.

A horrible thing happened.

It wouldn't close. And if my DVD drive didn't close, there would be no playing of the DVD. And if there was no playing of the DVD there would be...

NO GILMORE GIRLS.

This, my friends, is cause for panic.

I unplugged my computer and DASHED upstairs to ask my sister for help. She was at a loss. So I called my friend Spencer, who is a computer magician (he's been disassembling and reconstructing computers since he was, like, ten, seriously. He knows EVERYTHING about how they work, it's great) and asked him what I should do. He said that a piece inside had probably broken off and that I would need to get it repaired.
In the mean time, there was

NO GILMORE GIRLS.

I'm suprised I didn't cry myself to sleep.

So today I showed my dad on the off chance that he could use his magical Dad powers in order to make the DVD drive spontaneously start closing (and thus working) again. I showed him my newest discovery, that if I flipped the computer around I could hear something rattling inside. In a very childish show of frustration which was probably not very good for Cadvan (that's my computer's name,) I started shaking him (Cadvan, not Dad) like a maraca.

And out fell

a bobby pin.



One of these little guys. My DVD drive starting working just fine again, I think I found the problem. They should probably give me a degree in computer programming!

Bah ha. I'm an embarrassment to my generation!

Over&Out.

1 comment:

  1. Love it. That is too great!

    No gilmore girls? i understand your pain, m'dear.

    ReplyDelete